New Event: Mess with the Bull
It’s time for a new event, and today we’d like to introduce you to the Chuck Norris of Centaurs, Bul’Tauros!
Matchmaking & PvP/Invasion rewards have also received a little bit of attention today. High level players should start to see some bigger gold rewards, and players of ALL levels should start to see some better match-ups. Please bear with us for 24 hours or so as this system gears up… it will take the servers a little while to switch over to the new matchmaking system, and you may see a few odd things during that time!
We’ve also got a PvP reset, and a few inevitable balance tweaks. Read on to learn more.
The eighth troop for Divinion Fields is here: a Centaur so massive that even the wisest of Sages agree that somewhere back in his family tree there might be a little bit of bull, a little bit of Ogre, or more likely, quite a lot of both. His dubious lineage aside, Bul’Tauros is ready to charge blindly into battle for the princely sum of just 120 Glory! For a little more, you can also his favorite toy, Bullroarer.
- * Bullroarer (60 Glory): A new epic weapon. All your allies will be more hardy is you sound this horn!
- * Bul’Tauros (120 Glory): A new epic troop – the mightiest Chieftain from the Divinion Fields! He’ll smash the entire enemy army by himself – the bigger he gets, the better!
- * 40 Souls (10 Glory): We’ve rebalanced this reward to keep it more inline with the value of Souls in the game.
We’ve been watching closely since the last major balance update, and we’ve tweaked a few things:
- * Sacred Guardian: +2 Magic WAS too much. We eased his buff down to +1 Magic
- * Orion: He was still a little undercooked with +3 Magic per cast, so we pushed him up to +5 Magic per cast.
- * Silent One: I tip my virtual TF2 hat to the clever people who found the (almost) unbeatable Silent One build. His interaction with new troops and balance changes, especially Jarl Firemantle, pushed him over the edge. He will now Silence himself when he silences everybody else! He’s still crazy strong, but he just can’t reliably chain his spell over and over now.
Don’t forget, your PvP ranking is reset back to 15 today, and you are given some Souls. The number of Souls depends on your PvP Rank, and is listed below
- * Rank 1: 200 Souls
- * Rank 2: 100 Souls
- * Rank 3: 80 Souls
- * Rank 4: 60 Souls
- * Rank 5: 50 Souls
- * Rank 6: 40 Souls
- * Rank 7: 35 Souls
- * Rank 8: 30 Souls
- * Rank 9: 25 Souls
- * Rank 10: 20 Souls
- * Rank 11: 16 Souls
- * Rank 12: 12 Souls
- * Rank 13: 8 Souls
- * Rank 14: 4 Souls
- * Rank 15: No Souls for You!
Please note these souls are NOT boosted by Armor (the same as all Daily Reward Gold is not boosted by Armor). Only rewards that are an immediate result of a battle gain the Armor boosts.