We have made a major technical upgrade to Gems of War so we will be able to look at supporting next gen consoles and other new hardware in future updates.
- We have added a new type of flash offer to the game – Tiered Flash Offers
- Tiered Flash Offers will offer 3 different types of offers at different price points, based on a shared theme. Examples of themes are the Gnome Vault, Underworld or Deeds.
- These offers can be purchased in any order, and each have their own limit to how many times they can be purchased.
We have added in several new spell effects into the game, some of these include – new Gem Shapes on the Board, & New Color Target Types. These will be found in spells in future troop releases.
We have a new status effect – Lycanthropy. While a troop is affected by Lycanthropy there is a chance that it will trigger and transform them into a random beast. This status effect will feature in a future campaign, where it will play a big part in its story. For the moment, you will only be able to see it via the “Random Status Effect” that some spells and traits inflict upon enemies. We have updated several Immunity traits to include immunity to Lycanthropy:
- I Believe in a Higher Power – Reach Kingdom Power level 15 in 5 Kingdoms
- Social Climber – Get a total of 300 Social Items (Emoji Packs, Portraits, or Titles)
- The player’s Invite Code will now display on the Show Password menu.
- Campaign Elite+ Menus will now display the total number of bonus Stars a player will earn from purchasing it (over the duration of the Campaign).
- We have fixed an issue where the game would crash if attempting to use the back button on Android devices.
- We had to disable the back button on Android when this issue first appeared. We have re-enabled it in the 5.4 Update.
- We have fixed an issue where a battle would not end if the Mecha Gnome ran away when he was the last Troop.
- We have fixed an issue where the Manage Team button would not work when playing a Delve for the first time.
- We have fixed an issue where Banding traits were not applying correctly for each ally with an unlocked Banding trait.
- We have also fixed an assortment of smaller issues.
This update will be available on Steam, iOS, Android, Xbox, and PlayStation. The Switch update is coming soon.