- We have introduced new kinds of Gems. Heroic Gems are Gems that have special abilities which activate when they are either matched, destroyed or a set condition is met.
- Heroic Gems will only appear as a random spawn in battle games for a limited time as part of Campaigns or Special Heroic Gem Events. However, there may be troops and weapons that will create these Gems as part of their spell.
- They will appear in all battle game modes such as PvP, Explore, World Events, Raid Boss, and Guild Wars.
- We will be able to run multiple Special Heroic Gem Events at once too, so players may experience different combinations of Gems from time to time.
- When 5.5 releases we will only have 1 new Heroic Gem active for players to enjoy, the Uber Doomskull, a more powerful version of the Doomskull.
- The other Heroic Gems will be introduced and explained with the Campaign or event that they will be part of. We anticipate many new Heroic Gems releasing over time!
We have made some changes to Campaign Tasks to reduce some of the friction in completing certain tasks.
- We have changed the ‘x’ button on a Task to be an arrow so it is easier for players to see.
- This new button will bring up a new popup menu where “Skip Task” and “Do Task” options will be available.
- A new Task option will also be available on this menu: Reroll Task.
- Reroll Task will allow players to reroll a Task to another task to complete instead.
- Each Campaign Task can be rerolled once.
- Once a task is rerolled, the player must complete or skip the new task. The new task cannot be rerolled.
- E.g. Bob the Barbarian rerolls a Gold Task requiring him to use a Weapon Type, and gets a new task to Win Ranked PVP battles. He cannot reroll this new task, and must complete it or spend Gems to skip it.
Doomed Weapons The Doomed Blade, Doomed Crossbow, Doomed Club and Doomed Cauldron have all had their affixes that created a Gem changed to a new affix that debuffs the Enemy. Legendary Traits Text Improvement We have improved the text for all Legendary Traits that give Mana to Allies at the start of battle.
- Dooooooom! – Match 50 Uber Doomskull Gems
- They See Me Re-Rollin’ – Reroll a Campaign Task
- Lycan Subscribe – Match 100 Lycanthropy Gems
- We have improved the Elite+ Pass Campaign Rewards for over 1000+ Stars. This will appear in the next Campaign (starting May 24th).
- We’ve added visual feedback when clicking on tab buttons on our screens (the 4-6 white text buttons on the tab bar that runs across the top of the screen in many places). This is to give feedback that input has been received by the game to players who may be running on slow connections.
- We have fixed an issue where the game would soft lock if Death Mark and Lycanthropy trigger at the same time. As part of this fix, Essence of Evil has been altered back to its original form where it inflicts Lycanthropy on the target.
- We have fixed an issue where some players were getting stuck on the Warband tutorial. It took them to the shop, but there was no Warband shop tab to access.
- We have also fixed an assortment of smaller issues.
This update will be available on Steam, iOS, Android, Xbox, PlayStation and Switch.